TEPPEN is a free-to-play card game for mobile devices published by GungHo and developed by GungHo and Capcom in conjuction.
According to an interview with GungHo CEO Kazuki Morishita and Capcom Executive Producer Ryozo Tsujimoto during Anime Expo 2019, TEPPEN had been in development since at least 2017. Tsujimoto was a fan of Puzzle & Dragons, another game developed by GungHo. Because of this, he wanted to get in touch with someone in the company, and eventually met Morishita. At first, their meetings weren't about making a new game, however, the idea came to mind eventually and Morishita stated that he'd like to have multiple Capcom IPs in the game. As GungHo had a high amount of experience in the mobile market, it was the perfect choice for Capcom as they wanted to make TEPPEN a mobile game.
The game released on the 4th of July, 2019, but only in the United States, Canada, England, France, Italy, Germany, and Spain with information on additional releases to be revealed at a later date. On August 5, 2019, TEPPEN was released in Japan, Australia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Singapore, and Thailand.
Just like the other video game series, there are a few cards in TEPPEN which feature original locations or character, being the "Mysterious Girl".
|Skulduggery (TDA 072)||This card shows the "Mysterious Girl" watching over Albert Wesker fighting Chun-Li, as seen in the story mode of these two characters.|
|Ceasefire (TFS 075)||This card shows the "Mysterious Girl" watching over Albert Wesker and Akuma. Wesker is one of the heroes Akuma fights during the latter's story mode.|
|Cruel Game (TFS 100)||In the story mode of Akuma, the "Mysterious Girl" invites Akuma to battle opponents in an arena, which is where he faces Ryu.|
|Exposed Evil Eye (HBM 062)||In the story mode of Zero, the "Mysterious Girl" uses this "evil eye" to make Zero remember who he really is.|
|Exposed Evil Eye (HBM 062, Secret)||N/A|
- About the TEPPEN Wiki
- Real world events
- COPYRIGHT | TEPPEN -Official Site-
- Terms of Service | TEPPEN -Official Site-
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 CAPCOM | Capcom and GungHo Launch Co-Developed Title TEPPEN!
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 PlayTEPPEN on Twitter: "TEPPEN is now available in 11 more countries including Japan, Australia, Hong Kong, and more. [...]
- ↑ TEPPEN on the App Store
- ↑ TEPPEN -Official Site-
- ↑ Anime Expo 2019 GungHo & Capcom Interview: The Debut of TEPPEN | GamePress
- ↑ PlayTEPPEN on Twitter: "@Horus515 TEPPEN can be played in the US, Canada, England, France, Italy, Germany, and Spain. More details on additional regions will be released at a later date." / Twitter]
- ↑ GungHo Announces TEPPEN Global Expansion into Asia, Jill Valentine Addition to All-Star Hero Roster, World Championship Plans Underway