TEPPEN is a free-to-play card game for mobile devices published by GungHo and developed by GungHo and Capcom in conjuction.
According to an interview with GungHo CEO Kazuki Morishita and Capcom Executive Producer Ryozo Tsujimoto during Anime Expo 2019, TEPPEN had been in development since at least 2017. Tsujimoto was a fan of Puzzle & Dragons, another game developed by GungHo. Because of this, he wanted to get in touch with someone in the company, and eventually met Morishita. At first, their meetings weren't about making a new game, however, the idea came to mind eventually and Morishita stated that he'd like to have multiple Capcom IPs in the game. As GungHo had a high amount of experience in the mobile market, it was the perfect choice for Capcom as they wanted to make TEPPEN a mobile game.
The game released on the 4th of July, 2019, but only in the United States, Canada, England, France, Italy, Germany, and Spain with information on additional releases to be revealed at a later date. On August 5, 2019, TEPPEN was released in Japan, Australia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Singapore, and Thailand.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 CAPCOM | Capcom and GungHo Launch Co-Developed Title TEPPEN!
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 PlayTEPPEN on Twitter: "TEPPEN is now available in 11 more countries including Japan, Australia, Hong Kong, and more. [...]
- ↑ TEPPEN on the App Store
- ↑ TEPPEN -Official Site-
- ↑ Anime Expo 2019 GungHo & Capcom Interview: The Debut of TEPPEN | GamePress
- ↑ PlayTEPPEN on Twitter: "@Horus515 TEPPEN can be played in the US, Canada, England, France, Italy, Germany, and Spain. More details on additional regions will be released at a later date." / Twitter]
- ↑ GungHo Announces TEPPEN Global Expansion into Asia, Jill Valentine Addition to All-Star Hero Roster, World Championship Plans Underway